Friday, July 18, 2014
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Its that time again! We are looking for a cool person to come by and help us around the studio!
Interested? Can't wait to hear from you!
Know someone who is? Please pass this on!
We are looking for a new intern to work with us in our Lansing, Michigan photo studio based out of my home. I am a photographer working in fine art, interiors, and food. I also run a successful webshop where I sell posters, prints, and paper goods. My work has been featured on tv, been used on film sets, and has been written about in various print and online magazines. I have also had the opportunity to collaborate with Urban Outfitters, J.Crew and CB2.
You will learn what it is like to be an artist, how to make a living off of your art, as well as the ins and outs of running a small photo studio, and a small business. You will be working directly with me and/or my assistant.
You can find my work here: http://debbiecarlos.com
& my online shop here: http://store.debbiecarlos.com
Internship duties may include any of the following:
- Prepping, fulfilling poster & print orders and other tasks that have to do with the online store.
- Photo assisting on shoots in studio or on location.
- Prepping for exhibitions and art sales.
- You may also be asked to help on projects in other mediums other than photo.
- Running errands.
- General studio clean up and organization.
What we are looking for:
- Must be able to work at minimum 4-5 hours a week. Each week is different so depending on the workload, I may ask you to work more than the minimum requirement.
- Good communication skills, able to listen and take direction. You will be handling prints, so candidate must be careful and attentive.
- Own a laptop and would be able to bring it to the studio.
- Knowledge of Photoshop or Lightroom. Must have one of these programs on their laptop.
- I am always looking to collaborate and learn from people I work with, so knowledge of art history, contemporary art and design is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with social media also a plus.
- Someone with a visual art background preferred.
* One position available. This position is unpaid but school credit may be given. Duration of internship is open-ended but must be able to devote a minimum of 5 months to internship.
To be considered, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org a small selection from your portfolio, a resume/CV and a cover letter telling us why you would like to work with us. Tell us where your interests lie in general. We want to know who you are and what you like. What would you like to get out of an internship?
Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you !
Posted by Debbie Carlos at 12:12 PM
Monday, May 19, 2014
Many many thanks to everyone who entered our 4 year anniversary giveaway and sharing a little bit about yourself. You guys are so smart & cool!
Congratulations to our four winners:
Kimy Ludy, Adrienne Hall , Danielle Gayman
& Angela Zukowski!
Posted by Debbie Carlos at 9:57 AM
Thursday, May 1, 2014
We are coming up on DHC Shop's 4th anniversary and what a great 4 years it has been. I've always considered the number 4 to be my lucky number so this is super special to me.
To commemorate, I'm giving away 4 iPhone 5/5S cases to 4 lucky winners! This giveaway is open to both north american and international friends!
Please enter by commenting with:
1. Your name and email.
2. I want to know who you are so tell me something about yourself!
Giveaway ends May 16th 12 am EST.
Also, please enjoy free shipping all this month at my main shop store.debbiecarlos.com with code: 4four4four
Thank you for making the past few years amazing.
Monday, April 14, 2014
Friday, April 11, 2014
Last month, my friend Julio was gearing up to open his super cool vintage shop Solid State Vintage in Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood. He commissioned me to make some fruit images to sell as a limited run color posters for the store! I went and bought all the tropical fruit I could find in Mid-Michigan and this is what I came up with.
Art Walk in Pilsen is TONIGHT!
Go check it out and see and snag one of these prints and some killer vintage pieces !
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
It has been feeling warmer and more spring-like here in Mid Michigan and all the possibilities of a life lived outside and under the sun fills the air! I feel like today is a good day to show you a little garden and market visit I did all the way back in July.
Hunter Park Garden House is located in Lansing's East Side neighborhood. The area is a food desert but the Garden House provides a number of programs such as a CSA, educational workshops for kids and adults, and a variety of other programs that bring food awareness to the neighborhood.
The Allen Street Farmers Market, held year round on every Wednesday is held nearby and features local farmers, bakers, food vendors, and makers! In fact, this was the very first farmers market I went to after moving into the city and made this new city feel a bit more like home.
See select images of my visit below
or see all the images on Visit Visit !