Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Home • Visit : Claire Cottrell


Claire Cottrell first popped onto my radar when I came upon her gorgeous Freunde Von Freunden feature a few years ago. I instantly fell in love with her home, the way she embodied this cool, casual and effortless California lifestyle that I've always fantasized about (especially in the midst of brutal Midwestern winters). Neatly stacked piles of books, large art pieces on the floor leaning against the wall, flowers, plants, a hazy warmth infused throughout. 

From there, I went on to discover her site Book Stand, with carefully curated nature focused art books. I wanted everything. Her photography, her films are all gorgeous and I love that her aesthetic permeates everything that she gives us. 

Last July, I asked her if I could stop by her Silverlake home in Los Angeles to shoot her space and chat with her. She talked about her background in landscape architecture, art directing and all of her exciting upcoming projects. 

Thank you for being such a great host me beautiful morning last summer, Claire!




See select images from my visit below 
or see the complete visit over @ Visit Visit !




















No comments:

Post a Comment