Monday, September 23, 2013

New Moss Poster



During an early spring evening hike up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, I happened upon blankets of reindeer moss. My only other experience with this moss was at an exhibition by Icelandic artist, Olafur Eliasson at the MCA, where he had installed live reindeer moss on an entire wall of the gallery and the viewer can watch (or not watch) as the moss naturally & slowly changed color, feel it warm the air of the gallery and smell its earthy fragrance. 

And for some reason, I thought this beautiful plant only existed in the magical land of Iceland, so you can imagine my surprise when I came upon so much of it during my nature walk. As striking as it was to see a whole wall blanketed with nothing but reindeer moss, I also loved how, in nature, its cloud-like forms burst through old forest debris. Now you too can have your own reindeer moss wall. On white paper and blue paper to accentuate the low, glowing evening light in the forest. 

Available only in 36x48". Click here to view listing and order.

No comments:

Post a Comment